The role of live-in facilitator provides free comfortable room and board, food, all utilities, WiFi, landline with 15-20 (optional) hours per week and flexible scheduling for those working or attending school.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Supports each individual in a non-judgmental and collaborative fashion to expand upon their own experience of life without judgment.
- Acts not as an expert or instructor of “life skills”, but to model activities of daily living and to share a lived experience.
- Supports menu planning and preparation and be available in home overnight
- Provides professional, appropriate and emphatic regard for individuals’ relational strengths, helping to move into connection with others.
- Maintains and supervises established routines and procedures.
- Assists residents to establish and achieve individualized goals
- Utilizes effective and respectful conflict resolution skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents.
- Participates in implementation of program activities.
- Fosters positive relationships and collaboration with residents other staff, community programs and partners.
- Provides support to program activities as requested.
- Participates in all meetings as required, completes all written reporting as required and shares information in a respectful, non-judgemental manner.
Skills and Experience that are an asset:
- SSW or DSW/ 2 year college diploma or equivalent
- PSW 1 year college certificate
- Experience working with individuals with a developmental or cognitive diagnosis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Record of involvement in volunteer or extracurricular community activities
- Understanding of anti-oppressive practices
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and crisis.
- CPI, CPR and Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check).
- Reliable vehicle, valid driving license and insurance.